feature photo: Alicia Steels
Have you made goals, plans or broader intentions but are struggling to follow through? Share those ambitions with someone in your life.
I believe that sharing your intentions–just putting them out into the universe–sets you up for success. That things are more likely to go your way if you just make your ambitions known. But if you’re not the crystal-charging, sage burning, karmic energy believing type, here are some practical reasons to share, too:
- intrapersonal – you’ll feel like an ass if you told someone you were going to do something, and then didn’t.
- interpersonal – you’ll look like an ass if you don’t follow through.
Okay real talk you should always exercise self compassion. No one is perfect. But we know having a workout buddy is the only way some of us actually get our butts to the gym, and there’s no shame in that.
- Once you’ve shared your intention, it’s easier to ask for help making it come true. Maybe you need a reminder, a check in, some encouragement, a proof read, a practice venue… Remember when I said to ask for help? Here’s a nice warm up for that.
- Create your tribe. We talked about finding your tribe. But if you can’t join one, you can build one. Perhaps the person you talk to wants to be a part of it.
- And when you do the thing you set out to do, you’ll have someone to celebrate with.
- ConnectionsIt’s all about who you know, right? If your friend/neighbor/colleague knows what you’re up to, maybe they also know someone who can amplify your efforts, send some resources your way, or mentor you.
Okay. You’re ready to socialize your game plan. Now, who to share it with? Someone who supports you. Someone you speak to often. Someone who tells you the truth.